"I don't care what people think about me.
Never did, never will.
Life is too short to be worrying about that shit."
~ Amy Winehouse
This is one of my favorite quote and I believe the same. Life is too short to waste time worrying, thinking or explaining. Life is not a bed of roses but then it is not full of thorns too. Its just that we have to decide what we want. No one knows us better than ourselves.
Recently I won a contest on Twitter and got couple movie tickets for the movie Amy. I booked the evening show at PVR - Select CityWalk. In case you haven't heard about Amy, it is a 2015 British documentary film about singer-songwriter Amy Winehouse, directed by Asif Kapadia. The film shows her life closely from childhood to death. It features some of her unseen archival footage and unheard tracks. Amy's family members and friends have also shared their experiences with her in the film.
I liked the movie and realized how some things can change life forever. She was a blessed and talented artist who was not after fame or money. Her glorious rise and sad decline is heartbreaking. I was never her die hard fan but now I love listening her songs. Its just that once you understand what the other person has been through you have a soft corner for them. Amy was the first British female to win five Grammys in 2008. Its said that Amy died of alcohol poisoning in 2011 but God knows what factors contributed to her death whether it was just alcohol or drug addiction, depression, loneliness and troubled relationships together. I just pray that her soul rests in peace. The world lost her but we have her words and songs with us.
Amy Winehouse Quotes :
- Life happens. There's no point in being upset or down about things we can't control or change.
- Life is so much more rewarding if you strive for something, rather than take what's given to you on a plate.
- You are the only person who can sort yourself out, you can't rely on other people to sort out your problems.
- I don't like to look back and think 'That was a horrible time'. I prefer to think 'I'm glad I came through that'.
- There is no point in saying anything but the truth, because at the end of the day, you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself.
Amy Winehouse Songs :