Finally writing a post after 11 weeks (77 days) and I swear I missed this space but sometimes Life gives you so many things at the same time that you have to find time for things you love and fortunately or unfortunately I couldn't balance. But then I feel thats the reason I am back because the urge to write din't leave.
I have heard and read about Book Trilogies but I came across a Movie Trilogy in February when I was searching for some romantic english movies. After someone suggested me to watch Before Sunrise (1995), I came to know about the other two sequels : Before Sunset (2004) and Before Midnight (2013). I have a habit of reading the Wikipedia page whenever I come across something I don't know or I want to know more about it. So I read their Wikipedia Pages except the plot otherwise it would have been useless to watch movie. Then I saw they had an IMDb rating of 8.1, 8.1 and 8 respectively which meant they are worth a watch.
I watched Before Sunrise in February, Before Sunset in March and Before Midnight in May. The best thing about all of them is the script and the characters. The way they are written is very different from the other movies. There is simplicity. There is no fancy storyline but its more about thoughts, ideas, decisions and their consequences. Most importantly you don't feel characters are delivering dialogues, it seems they are just talking like we do in our real lives. All the 3 movies are directed by Richard Linklater starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. Another idea that I really liked was that Before Sunset picks up the story nine years after the events of Before Sunrise and Before Midnight picks up the story nine years after the events of Before Sunset. This way you can feel the changes in the overall personality of the characters and the depth of the story.
Few lines from the movie worth sharing :
- I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between. If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt.
- You know what drives me crazy? It's all these people talking about how great technology is, and how it saves all this time. But, what good is saved time, if nobody uses it? If it just turns into more busy work. You never hear somebody say, "With the time I've saved by using my word processor, I'm gonna go to a Zen monastery and hang out". I mean, you never hear that.
- Memory is a wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past.
- Life's hard. It's supposed to be. If we didn't suffer, we'd never learn anything.
- Even being alone it's better than sitting next to your lover and feeling lonely.
- You realize that most of the people that you meet are trying to get somewhere better, they're trying to make a little bit more cash, trying to get a little more respect, have more people admire them. It's just exhausting.
- I feel I was never able to forget anyone I've been with. Because each person have... their own, specific qualities. You can never replace anyone. What is lost is lost.